Design for Health (DFH) Training Presentations, November 9, 2009
This training was conducted for the Minnesota State Department of Health as part of a grant from the Association for State and Territorial Health Officials.
- A more practical version of the training is available online.
- A version focused on actually participating in a health impact assessment workshop is available.
PART 1: Introduction (8-9:30)
- Survey for evaluation + introduction to project
- Introduction to Design for Health team and to participants
- Public health for planners; Planning for public health
PART 2: Design for Health HIA Tools (9:30-2:00)
- Basics of HIA
- HIA Preliminary Checklist
- HIA Rapid Assessment
- HIA Threshold Analysis
PART 3: Other Tools and Next Steps (2:00-4:30)
- Other HIA tools
- Trying out HIA
- Handouts (118 KB)
- Next Steps