Finding Information about HIA: Design for Health Blog
>How health impact assessment can make a difference is an issue of some interest at present. For those wanting to explore HIA online, several major clearinghouses provide a wealth of information from legislative updates to workbooks.
- Centers for Disease Control HIA Resources: http://www.cdc.gov/healthyplaces/hia.htm
This page is a useful index of major sources and an easy place to start.
- Health Impact Assessment Clearing House Learning and Information Center—HIA-CLIC at UCLA: http://www.hiaguide.org/
This terrific site had a wonderful training section with lots of resources: http://www.hiaguide.org/training/training-guides. They also have a section tracking legislation in the U.S.
- HIA Connect in Australia: http://www.hiaconnect.edu.au/index.htm
The HIA Practical Guide by HIA Connect, downloadable from this page, is a fairly short and very clear guide to HIA. HIA Connect also has an active eNews service.
- HIA Gateway, UK: http://www.apho.org.uk/default.aspx?QN=P_HIA
One of the best listing of HIAs around the world with a good advanced search feature that allows you to search by keyword, date, and geography: http://www.apho.org.uk/resource/advanced.aspx.
- Human Impact Partners, Oakland: http://www.humanimpact.org/
I particularly like their tools and resources section which includes a number of guides and worksheets: http://www.humanimpact.org/hips-hia-tools-and-resources. Be sure to scroll down the page.
- RWJF/Pew Health Impact Project: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/hia?id=0007
This is a fairly new project and their web site is evolving. Their news section is a useful part of the site: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/news.
- World Health Organization HIA: http://www.who.int/hia/en/
Determinants of health from .
Originally G. Dahgren (1995) European Health Policy Conference
Providing an international perspective this web site has a particularly strong section on HIA examples, classified by sector: http://www.who.int/hia/ examples/en/.
For more information about HIA go to the Design for Health web site at http://www.designforhealth.net/ resources/healthimpact.html.